Foreign Language Services
The mission of the Foreign Language Services Division (FLS) is to assist individuals with limited English proficiency in overcoming language limitations so as to ensure universal access to Virginia’s Judicial System. Toward that end, FLS provides interpretation and sight translation services, certifies and hires high quality interpreters, and sets and maintains the highest professional standards for the provision of language services.
- Director - Paul F. DeLosh
- Foreign Language Services Coordinator - Charlene M. Watkins
Phone - (804) 786-6455
The Judicial Council of Virginia
has developed a process to certify persons serving as foreign language
interpreters in court proceedings in the Commonwealth. The certification
process is voluntary for participants. Its purpose is to better ensure
that language interpreters are competent to perform such services in
a court environment.
- Certification Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions About Certification
- Program Information and Registration
- Study Materials
- Complaint Form
- Complaint Form (Korean)
- Complaint Form (Spanish)
- Complaint Form (Vietnamese)
- Survey of Local Agencies and Community Organizations
Foreign Language Translations of Forms
Foreign language translations of certain court
forms for informational purposes only. All forms filed with the court
are required to be completed in English.