Program Information and Registration
Orientation: The 2-day orientation class open
to all languages will familiarize you with the Virginia Judicial System
and Courtroom protocol. This class is not intended to prepare you for
the written exam. The materials provided at the orientation class are
given as a source of general information.
Written exam: It is an intermediate level exam and requires months of extensive self-preparation. It is only given for candidates seeking certification in the following languages: Arabic, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
Oral exam: Oral exam: It is open to those currently enrolled for certification in Arabic, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese who have successfully completed the Written Exam and Orientation Training within the past 3-years. You may only take the oral exam once every 12-months.
- Orientation and Written Exam: mid-February (class/exam in March)
- Oral Exam: mid-April (exam in May)
- Orientation and Written Exam: mid-August (class/exam in September)
- Oral Exam: mid-October (exam in November)
To Register: Send an email to email@example.com
- Registration for: (indicate the Language you are registering)
Body of Email:
- Registering for: Oral Exam 2013
- Location: (choose from 2 current locations)
- Name: (full name as it appears in any legal document)
- SSN: (Needed by the National Center for State Courts)
- Phone Number:
- Email Address:
- Emergency Contact Information: (name and number of person that will be notified in case of an emergency)
If a certification course is not offered in your language, then only register for orientation.
Locations for the Oral Exam:
Registration opens on 4/15/2013 (Space is limited.) Once you register for the exam, you will receive an email with
the payment instructions. Please do not send any payments until you
receive confirmation of registration.
|Richmond (Supreme Court Building)
100 N. 9th St.
Richmond, VA 23219
1425. N. Courthouse Rd.
Arlington, VA 22201
Written Exam: Arabic, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese $100.00
Oral Exam: Arabic, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese $150.00
Note: There are NO refunds or credit given to those who register and do not attend the class and/or exam. The Supreme Court of Virginia will not reimburse your travel expenses.