Albemarle Circuit Court
16th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Jon R. Zug
Phone: (434) 972-4083
Criminal Division: (434) 972-4085
Civil Division: 434-972-4086
Fax: (434) 293-0298
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Albemarle County Courthouse
501 East Jefferson Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902-5110
- Hon. Cheryl V. Higgins, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Timothy K. Sanner, Chief Judge
- Hon. Daniel R. Bouton
- Hon. Richard E. Moore
- Hon. Susan L. Whitlock
Terms of Court and General Information
- Criminal Terms begin, 1st Monday, Feb., Apr., June, Aug., Oct., & Dec.
- Civil Terms begin, last Thursday of each month except Nov. and Dec. which is the 3rd Thursday.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All criminal cases set on Term Day.
- Court has adopted procedures of Rule 1:20 (a) and (e) for scheduling civil cases for trial, and either civil cases set by praecipe received through Wednesday preceding docket call on last Thursday of each month, or upon agreement of counsel with approval of court.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in some contested chancery causes.