Amherst Circuit Court
24th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Roy C. Mayo III
Phone: (434) 946-9321
Fax: (434) 946-9323
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 462
113 Taylor Street
Amherst, VA 24521
- Hon. John T. Cook, Chief Judge
- Hon. R. Edwin Burnette Jr.
- Hon. Michael T. Garrett
- Hon. James W. Updike Jr.
- Hon. F. Patrick Yeatts
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Tuesday, Feb., Apr., June, Oct., & Dec.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Cases set on Term Day; cases also set between docket calls by agreement of court and counsel.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized.
- Amherst County distributes final orders in civil cases by regular mail to attorneys of record, or to pro se litigants, within two business days of receipt of the signed order in the Clerk's Office, from the Judge.