Chesterfield Circuit Court
12th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Wendy Hughes
Phone: (804) 748-1241
Fax: (804) 796-5625
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
P. O. Box 125
9500 Courthouse Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832-0125
P.O. Box 57 (Judges)
- Hon. Timothy J. Hauler, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Lynn S. Brice, Presiding Judge
- Hon. David Edward Johnson, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Steven Colin McCallum, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Edward A. Robbins Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. Frederick G. Rockwell III, Presiding Judge
Terms of Court and General Information
- Criminal and Civil Terms begin Tuesday following 3rd Monday in Jan., 3rd Monday in March, May, July, Sept. & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Criminal Term at 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal dockets generally convene at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Criminal cases set through Commonwealth's Attorney on designated days.
- Civil trials generally convene at 9:00 a.m.
- Hearings in civil cases are set with Judges' legal assistants.
- Civil trials are set with Judges' legal assistants or at Civil Docket Call at 2:30 p.m.
- Cases appealed from the J&DR Court are set at Civil Docket Call at 2:00 p.m., but may be pre-set with Judges' legal assistants prior to Docket Call.
For detailed information concerning filing procedures, fees and general information pertaining to most transactions handled by the Clerk's Office and/or Court, please visit the Circuit Court Clerk's web site.