Dinwiddie Circuit Court
11th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. John B. Chappell Jr.
Phone: (804) 469-4540
Fax: (804) 469-5386
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
P. O. Box 63
Dinwiddie, VA 23841-0063
Physical address: 14008 Boydton Plank Road
- Hon. Paul W. Cella, Chief Judge
- Hon. Dennis M. Martin
- Hon. Joseph M. Teefey Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m.
- Criminal term begins, 3rd Tues. each month
- Civil term begins, 3rd Tues. each month
- Grand Juries, 1st day of criminal term.
- Criminal cases set through Commonwealth's Attorney on designated days.
- Civil cases, hearings in civil cases, set through the Court Administrator, Tamera Wilson (804)733-2423 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or on term days in matured cases.
- Criminal bench days every Wednesday a.m., 2nd Wed., a.m. and p.m., 1st Fri. a.m. and 4th Fri. a.m., and traffic appeals 4th Wed. p.m.
- The Court will email orders if we have an email address on file. If we don't have an email address then a self addressed stamped envelope is required. Online access to court orders and documents is also available for immediate retrieval. For more information concerning online access please visit our website here, http://www.dinwiddieva.us/index.aspx?nid=746.