Frederick Circuit Court
26th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Rebecca P. Hogan
Phone: (540) 667-5770
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
5 North Kent Street
Winchester, VA 22601-5037
- Hon. Clifford Lynwood Athey Jr., Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Neil Randolph Bryant, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Alexander R. Iden, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Bruce D. Albertson
- Hon. Dennis Lee Hupp
- Hon. Ronald Lewis Napier
- Hon. Clark Andrew Ritchie
- Hon. Thomas J. Wilson IV
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, Thursday after the 1st Monday, Jan., April, July, & Oct. A mini-term day is held each month, Thursday after the 1st Monday.
- Motion Day, 1st Wed. after the 1st Monday of each month.
- Misdemeanor appeal days, 3rd Wed. after 1st Mon. each month.
- Grand Juries, 1st Thursday after the 1st Monday of each month.
- Praecipes must be filed not less than 7 days preceding Motion Day.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in special instances.
- Local Rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Faxes from attorneys and litigants will NOT be accepted without prior approval.
- Frederick County Circuit Court either hand deliver the orders to the litigants/attorneys or if they are not available we will mail copies within 2 days.