Hampton Circuit Court
8th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Linda Batchelor Smith
Phone: (757) 727-6105
Fax: (757) 728-3505
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
P. O. Box 40
101 King's Way Mall
Hampton, VA 23669-0040
- Hon. Bonnie L. Jones, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Christopher W. Hutton, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Louis R. Lerner, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Wilford Taylor Jr., Presiding Judge
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 1st Monday, Feb., April, June, Aug., Oct., & Dec.
- Criminal Term Grand Juries, 1st Monday, each month 9:00 a.m.
- All cases set on Term Day.
- Civil cases set by praecipe (Judges' secretary handles all scheduling issues).
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m. - civil matters; 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 2:00 p.m. - criminal matters.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in divorce and other cases for good cause shown.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- To set or cancel court hearing, contact Judges' office.
- Faxes not accepted in civil matters.
- Faxes only accepted in Criminal matters as set forth in the Docket Management & Continuance Policy, amended March 11, 2005.
- Recordation cutoff time 3:30 p.m.