Hopewell Circuit Court
6th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Tamara J. Ward
Phone: (804) 541-2239
Fax: (804) 541-2438
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
P. O. Box 310
100 E. Broadway
Hopewell, VA 23860-2715
- Hon. W. Allan Sharrett, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Nathan Curtis Lee
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Tuesday, Feb., Apr., June, Aug., Oct., & Dec.
- Motions Day, 2nd and 4th Fridays.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Civil cases set by praecipe.
- Civil Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in partition suits.
- Instructions must be submitted 5 days prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Final Orders will be mailed to all counsel of record and any unrepresented party as soon as they have been entered by the Judge. The preferred practice is to submit self-addressed, stamped envelopes for the return of the certified copies of the Final Order. However, this office will always mail and provide certified copies to all parties whether an envelope has been provided to us or hasn?t been provided to us.