King and Queen Circuit Court
9th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Deborah F. Longest
Phone: (804) 785-5984
Fax: (804) 785-5698
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 67
King And Queen, VA 23085-0067
- Hon. Michael E. McGinty, Chief Judge
- Hon. B. Elliott Bondurant
- Hon. Jeffrey W. Shaw
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Tuesday, Feb., Apr., June, Aug., Oct., & Dec.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Should a Term Day fall on a legal holiday as set forth in Section 2.1-21, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, the Term Day will be on the following day.
- Praecipes must be filed seven days preceding Civil Term Day.
- Civil cases set for trial by conference call with the judge.
- Instructions must be submitted 2 days prior to trial.
- Commissioners in Chancery are rarely used and only at request of attorneys.
- Local Rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4 for divorce cases.