Loudoun Circuit Court
20th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Gary M. Clemens
Phone: (703) 777-0270
Judges: (703) 777-0464
Fax: (703) 777-0376
Fax: Judges: (703) 777-0676
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
P. O. Box 550
18 E. Market St., 3rd floor
Leesburg, VA 20178
- Hon. Burke F. McCahill, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Jeffrey W. Parker
- Hon. Stephen E. Sincavage
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday, Feb., Apr., June, Aug., & Dec.; Tuesday following 2nd Monday in Oct.
- Grand Juries, 2nd Mon. each month except May 19th (moved from May 12th) and October 20th (moved from October 13th due to Columbus Day holiday).
- Civil scheduling, Monday mornings, except holidays (by praecipe).
- Criminal cases are scheduled the day following term day at 9:00 a.m. or may be scheduled by praecipe.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m. unless specially set otehrwise.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized.
- Motion Day, Civil - 1st Friday of each month -- Ore Tenus Hearings, 9:00 a.m., Domestic cases, 10:00 a.m., Civil Law cases, 2:00 p.m.;
- Motions Day, Criminal - 4th Friday of each month, 9:00 a.m., No regular Motions Day in November or December.
- Praecipe must be filed 7 calendar days in advance of court docket.
- Recordation of deeds business hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Misdemeanor appeals, 2nd Fri., each month (except holidays).
- Financial transactions are accepted by the Clerk from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- All visitors to Courts Complex are subject to security screening by Sheriff's deputies upon entering the facility.
- Cell phones with cameras are not permitted in the Courts Complex by members of the public. Members of the bar are allowed to bring cell phones with cameras in the Courts Complex. Except as noted above, no cameras are permitted in the Courts Complex. The use of cameras or recording devices are not allowed without the permission of the presiding judge.