Lynchburg Circuit Court
24th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Eugene C. Wingfield
Phone: (434) 455-2620
Fax: (434) 847-1864
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
P. O. Box 4
900 Court Street
Lynchburg, VA 24505-0004
**Please send all mail to P.O. Box 4, Lynchburg, VA 24505. Mail addressed to the street address will not be delivered in a timely manner.**
- Hon. F. Patrick Yeatts, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. R. Edwin Burnette Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. John T. Cook
- Hon. Michael T. Garrett
- Hon. James W. Updike Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Criminal Terms begin, 1st Monday every month.
- Civil Terms begin, 1st Monday monthly.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All cases set on Term Day; Criminal - 9:00 a.m., Civil - 2:00 p.m.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in limited instances.
- Motion Day, 2nd & 4th Fri. after Term day, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. by appointment.
- Misdemeanor appeals - 1st two days after opening day of Term.