Martinsville Circuit Court
21st Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Ashby R. Pritchett
Phone: (276) 403-5106
Fax: (276) 403-5232
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 1206
55 W. Church Street
Martinsville, VA 24114-1206
P. O. Box 1347 (Judges)
- Hon. G. Carter Greer, Presiding Judge
- Hon. David V. Williams, Chief Judge
- Hon. Martin F. Clark Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Criminal Terms begin, 1st Monday, Nov.; 2nd Monday, Feb.; 1st Mon., May; 4th Monday, July.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Civil cases set by Pretrial Scheduling Order.
- Criminal cases are set on Misdemeanor Appeal Day for Misdemeanor Trial Day; felony cases are set on Term Day, or on Felony Disposition Day #1 or #2, or on Return on Indictments Day.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in divorce proceedings, partition suits, creditors suits, etc.