Martinsville Circuit Court
21st Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Ashby R. Pritchett
Phone: (276) 403-5106
Fax: (276) 403-5232
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 1206
55 W. Church Street
Martinsville, VA 24114-1206
P. O. Box 1347 (Judges)
- Hon. G. Carter Greer, Presiding Judge
- Hon. David V. Williams, Chief Judge
- Hon. Martin F. Clark Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Criminal Terms begin, 1st Monday, Nov.; 2nd Monday, Feb.; 1st Mon., May; 4th Monday, July.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Civil cases set by Pretrial Scheduling Order.
- Criminal cases are set on Misdemeanor Appeal Day for Misdemeanor Trial Day; felony cases are set on Term Day, or on Felony Disposition Day #1 or #2, or on Return on Indictments Day.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in divorce proceedings, partition suits, creditors suits, etc.
- Distribution of Final Orders ? Civil Case: Once received from the Judge?s Office, certified copies of final orders are distributed to attorneys of record and to other persons identified in the Order to receive a copy. Certified copies are mailed to the recipient?s address appearing in the file or provided in the final order. If attorneys request an immediate copy, an uncertified copy is sent by electronic transmission. Distribution of Final Orders ? Criminal Case: The Clerk?s Office prepares final orders. Once endorsed by the Judge, copies are transmitted by electronic transmission , by fax and by mail to parties required by law to receive them.