New Kent Circuit Court
9th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Karen A. Butler
Phone: (804) 966-9520
Fax: (804) 966-9528
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
P. O. Box 98
12001 Courthouse Circle
New Kent, VA 23124-0098
- Hon. Michael E. McGinty, Chief Judge
- Hon. B. Elliott Bondurant
- Hon. Richard H. Rizk
- Hon. Jeffrey W. Shaw
Terms of Court and General Information
- Court convenes: 9:00 a.m.
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday Jan; 3rd Monday Mar., May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term at 9:00 a.m.
- Praecipes must be filed by seven days preceding civil term day.
- Civil cases are set for trial by conference call with the Judge.
- Instructions must be submitted 2 days prior to trial.
- Commissioners in Chancery are rarely used and only at request of attorneys.
- Local Rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4 for divorce cases.
- Final civil orders are distributed using regular mail with postage paid self addressed envelopes provided by the parties.