Prince George Circuit Court
6th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Bishop Knott Jr.
Phone: (804) 733-2640
Fax: (804) 861-5721
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 98
6601 Courts Drive
Prince George, VA 23875-0098
P. O. Box 280 (Judges)
- Hon. W. Allan Sharrett, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 3rd Tuesday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All cases set on Term Day.
- Civil cases set by calling court administrator 804/733-2623.
- Civil court convenes 9:00 a.m.; criminal court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in execution of Decrees of Reference in general chancery causes, except divorce.
- Praecipe filed through Wednesday preceding Term Day.
- Instructions must be submitted 5 days prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- The policy of the Prince George Circuit Court office concerning the distribution of Civil Court (Final) Orders is that the documents are certified and are mailed to the litigant and/or their counsel in a timely manner. A self addressed/stamped envelope is preferred in order to necessitate a timely turnaround but orders will be mailed to the addressed provided. The Criminal Court (Final) Orders are forwarded by fax or mailed to counsel.