Rockbridge Circuit Court
25th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. D. Bruce Patterson
Phone: (540) 463-2232
Fax: (540) 463-3850
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Rockbridge County Courthouse
20 South Randolph Street, Suite 101
Lexington, VA 24450-2552
- Hon. Anita D. Filson, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Malfourd W. Trumbo, Chief Judge
- Hon. W. Chapman Goodwin
- Hon. Victor V. Ludwig
- Hon. Charles L. Ricketts III
Terms of Court and General Information
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Terms begin, 1st Monday, Feb., May, & Nov.; 2nd Monday in July; Tuesday following Labor Day in Sept.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Criminal cases set on first day of each Term
- Misdemeanor Appeals Days, 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Motion Day, 3rd Monday of each month.
- Divorce/Equity Day: 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Civil cases set on Motions Day by praecipe received 10 days in advance or by agreement and set by judge's secretary.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in limited cases except divorce.
- Rockbridge Circuit Court's policy is to provide copies of final civil orders to local attorneys by placing the copy in their mailbox in our office and to mail copies to out-ot-town attorneys and pro se litigants within two days of entry. We do not require a self-addressed stamped envelope.