Salem Circuit Court
23rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Chance Crawford
Phone: (540) 375-3067
Fax: (540) 375-4039
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
2 East Calhoun Street
Salem, VA 24153-7933
- Hon. William D. Broadhurst, Presiding Judge
- Hon. James R. Swanson, Chief Judge
- Hon. David B. Carson
- Hon. Charles N. Dorsey
- Hon. Clifford R. Weckstein
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 3rd Friday, Feb., May, July, Sept.; 2nd Fri., Dec.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Civil cases set by praecipe received by clerk 7 days preceding docket call.
- Criminal cases set on Term day.
- Court convenes 8:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized on petition of counsel.