Williamsburg/James City County Circuit Court
9th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Mona A. Foley
Phone: (757) 564-2242
Judge's Chambers: (757) 564-2300
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Recordation cut off time: 4:00PM
5201 Monticello Avenue
Williamsburg, VA 23188-8218
Judge's address: 5201 Monticello Avenue, Suite One, Williamsburg, VA 23188-8218
- Hon. Michael E. McGinty, Chief Judge
- Hon. B. Elliott Bondurant
- Hon. Richard H. Rizk
- Hon. Jeffrey W. Shaw
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 3rd Wednesday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Civil trials are set by praecipe submitted seven days preceding Term Day. Setting of trials without appearance at docket call will be at the Judge's discretion. (Judge's administrator handles all scheduling of civil cases.)
- Grand Juries at 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal docket calls at 9:00 a.m.
- Civil docket calls at 11:00 a.m.
- Instructions must be submitted prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Should term day fall on a legal holiday as set forth in Section 2.2-3300, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, the term day will be rescheduled.
- Recordation cutoff time is 3:30 p.m.
- Faxes from attorneys and litigants will NOT be accepted for any civil cases.
- The criminal division emails the final court orders to the attorneys upon request. We also have quite a few attorneys that use the OCRA system to obtain their own copies. We strongly encourage attorneys to provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of their certified orders.