Wise Circuit Court
30th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. J. Jack Kennedy Jr.
Phone: (276) 328-6111
Fax: No faxes accepted (only PDF)
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
P. O. Box 1248
206 East Main Street
Wise, VA 24293-1248
- Hon. Tammy S. McElyea, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Jeffrey Hamilton, Chief Judge
- Hon. Chadwick S. Dotson
- Hon. John C. Kilgore
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 1st Tues. after 3rd Mon. in Jan.; 3rd Monday, Apr., July, Oct.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term, recalled once during the term.
- Civil cases set by praecipe; criminal cases set in conference two weeks prior to beginning of Term.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in general chancery causes, except divorce.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.