King William Circuit Court
9th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Patricia M. Norman
Phone: (804) 769-4936
Phone: (804) 769-4937
Phone: (804) 769-4938
Fax: (804) 769-4991
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
351 Courthouse Lane
P. O. Box 216
King William, VA 23086-0216
**King William Circuit Court will be closed on Monday, December 23, 2013, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, Wednesday, December 25, 2013 and Wednesday, January 1, 2014.**
- Hon. Thomas B. Hoover, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Richard Y. AtLee Jr., Chief Judge
- Hon. R. Bruce Long
- Hon. Michael E. McGinty
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 1st Monday, Feb., Apr., June, Aug., Oct., & Dec.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Grand Juries will meet at 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal docket will be held at 9:00 a.m.
- Civil docket will be held at 11:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized.
- Instructions must be submitted 2 days prior to trial.
- Should a Term Day fall on a legal holiday as set forth in Section 2.1-21, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, the Term Day will be on the following day.
- Praecipes must be filed seven days preceding Civil Term Day.