Louisa Circuit Court
16th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Susan R. Hopkins
Phone: (540) 967-5312
Judges: (540) 967-5300
Fax: (540) 967-2705
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
100 W. Main Street
Louisa, VA 23093-0037
- Hon. Timothy K. Sanner, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Daniel R. Bouton, Chief Judge
- Hon. Cheryl V. Higgins
- Hon. Edward L. Hogshire
- Hon. Susan L. Whitlock
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday, Jan., March, July, & Sept. May term date will be May 6, 2012 due to anuual Judicial Conference.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All cases set on Term Day by praecipe filed 7 days prior.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are rarely utilized and generally only by agreement of counsel.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Instructions must be submitted 10 days prior to trial.