Nelson Circuit Court
24th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Lisa Dugan Bryant
Phone: (434) 263-7020
Fax: (434) 263-7027
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 10
84 Courthouse Square, 1st Floor
Lovingston, VA 22949-0010
- Hon. F. Patrick Yeatts, Chief Judge
- Hon. R. Edwin Burnette Jr.
- Hon. John T. Cook
- Hon. Michael T. Garrett
- Hon. James W. Updike Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 4th Tuesday, Jan, March, May, Sept , & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All cases set on Term Day or directly through Judge at other times.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in general chancery causes. Divorce cases not usually referred.
- The Clerk of the Nelson County Circuit Court provides copies of Orders to local attorneys (within the Court square)and the Probation Officer by placing certified copies in their mailbox in the Clerk's Office. Certified copies of Orders for Attorneys outside the local area, to agencies (i.e. DMV, VASAP, DOC, etc.) are mailed by regular mail. This is the practice in both civil and criminal cases.