Norfolk Circuit Court
4th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. George E. Schaefer
Phone: (757) 664-4580
Clerk's Office Hours
8:45 AM - 4:45 PM
150 St. Paul's Boulevard
Norfolk, VA 23510-2773
- Hon. John R. Doyle III, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Michelle J. Atkins, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Junius P. Fulton III, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Mary Jane Hall, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Jerrauld C. Jones, Presiding Judge
- Hon. David W. Lannetti, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Everett A. Martin Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. Joseph A. Migliozzi Jr., Presiding Judge
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin the first day of the month
- Grand Juries, 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Civil cases set by agreement of counsel and consent of the court; scheduling orders are mandatory in most cases.
- Civil and Criminal trials begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are appointed in suits for accounting, partition, delinquent taxes, and judgment debtor interrogatories, and in other suits by order of the Court.
- Local rules are adopted pursuant to 8.01-4; they can be found at http://www.norfolkcircuitcourt.us/civil/civil-plan
- Uncontested divorces are heard Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. and set through the Clerk
- Final orders are sent to counsel by email and by regular mail to pro se parties and counsel for whom the Clerk has no email address. Self-addressed stamped envelopes are appreciated but not necessary.