Norfolk Circuit Court
4th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. George E. Schaefer
Phone: (757) 664-4580
Clerk's Office Hours
8:45 AM - 4:45 PM
100 St. Paul's Boulevard
Norfolk, VA 23510-2773
Criminal Case Procedures and Civil Case Management Plan available online at www.iCourt.info.
- Hon. Karen J. Burrell, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. John R. Doyle III, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Junius P. Fulton III, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Mary Jane Hall, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Jerrauld C. Jones, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Everett A. Martin Jr., Presiding Judge
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin the first day of the month.
- Grand Juries, 1st & 3rd Wednesday, monthly.
- Motion Day, Friday, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Civil cases set by agreement of counsel and consent of Court; Scheduling Order mandatory.
- Civil court trials start at 9:30 a.m.
- Criminal trials start at 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are appointed in partition, delinquent tax, and mechanic's lien suits; by agreement of the parties and the Court in contested divorce suits; judgment debtor interrogatories.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Uncontested divorce heard Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, set with consent of Court.