Roanoke City Circuit Court
23rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Brenda S. Hamilton
Phone: (540) 853-6702
Judge Carson's Office: (540) 853-2436
Judge Broadhurst's Office: (540) 853-2051
Judge Dorsey's Office: (540) 853-2437
Judge Weckstein's Office: (540) 853-2435
Judge Swanson's Office: (540) 387-6270
Fax: (540) 853-1024
Clerk's Office Hours
8:15 AM - 4:45 PM
Hours for Judges: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 2610
315 West Church Avenue
Roanoke, VA 24010-2610
E-mail Address: Brenda.Hamilton@roanokeva.gov
- Hon. Charles N. Dorsey, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. William D. Broadhurst, Presiding Judge
- Hon. David B. Carson, Presiding Judge
- Hon. J. Christopher Clemens
- Hon. James R. Swanson
Terms of Court and General Information
- Civil and criminal terms begin 1st Monday of each month.
- Grand Juries, 1st Monday, monthly.
- Civil cases set by praecipe received by clerk 7 days preceding civil docket call, 1st Monday, and by agreement of counsel, by docket judge and secretary.
- Court convenes 8:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized on petition of counsel or by order of court.
- The process for distributing of Criminal Orders are either put in attorney's box located in the Clerk's Office, mail via USPS or fax. The process for distributing of Civil Orders are put in attorney's box located in the Clerk's Office. If they do not have a box, they are mailed via USPS.