Suffolk Circuit Court
5th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. W. R. Carter Jr.
Phone: (757) 514-7800
Fax: (757) 514-7103
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Registers close at 4:30 p.m.
No monetary transactions handled after 4:30 p.m.
Passport & Marriage License Applications
accepted 8:30AM - 3:30PM.
P. O. Box 1604
Mills E. Godwin, Jr. Courts Bldg.
150 North Main Street
Suffolk, VA 23439-1604
- Hon. Carl Edward Eason Jr., Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Lawson Wayne Farmer
- Hon. Robert H. Sandwich Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 4th Monday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept. & Nov.
- Motion Day, every Tuesday, 9:00 a.m.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term and 4th Wed in Feb., April, June, Aug., & Oct.; 2nd Wed. in Dec.
- Civil cases set by civil court administrator.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissions in Chancery are utilized in divorce, annulments, and depositions.
- Instructions must be submitted prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Freedom of Information Act ? Important Information In accordance with Virginia Code Sections 2.2-3704.1 and 2.2-3704.2, the following information is provided: Suffolk Circuit Court Clerks? Office FOIA Officer: W. Randolph Carter, Clerk. Telephone contact (757) 514-7800 All requests for documents should be requested through the Freedom of Information Act Office (FOIA) at: http://www.suffolkva.us/foia/ or via email at: email@example.com Note: Please review entire Chapter 37 of Title 2.2 of the Code of Virginia for exclusions related to records maintained by the Clerk of Circuit Court.