Surry Circuit Court
6th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Gail P. Clayton
Phone: (757) 294-3161
Fax: (757) 294-0471
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
28 Colonial Trail, East
Surry, VA 23883
- Hon. W. Allan Sharrett, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 4th Tuesday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Cases set on Term Day.
- Civil cases set by praecipe submitted through Wednesday preceding docket call.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized to take evidence in partition suits; injunctions; interrogatories.
- Instructions must be submitted 7 days prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.