Sussex Circuit Court
6th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Gary M. Williams
Phone: (434) 246-1012
Phone: (434) 246-5511 Ext. 1012
Fax: (434) 246-2203
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 1337
15088 Courthouse Road
Sussex, VA 23884
- Hon. W. Allan Sharrett, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Nathan Curtis Lee
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Tuesday, Jan., Mar., July, Sept., & Nov.
- The May term is usually scheduled to begin at an alternate date, due to a mandated judicial conference the 2nd week in May.
- Civil cases set by praecipe submitted through Wednesday preceding docket call. An attorney must appear at docket call, unless arrangements have been made through the court administrator, Ms. Sallie Neblett at 804-733-2623.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All Cases set on Term Day.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m. (except first day of term which is 10:00 a.m.)
- Commissioners are utilized in partition matters, interrogatories and drawing of juries.
- Instructions must be submitted 5 days prior to trial.
- Local Rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- The Sussex Circuit Court will forward final orders by regular mail, or by hand on the day of entry, certified copies of the final order to counsel or pro se parties once we receive the judge's signature. There is not a significant time lapse once the order has been entered, unless there is an untimely delay in receiving it by mail.