Virginia Beach Circuit Court
2nd Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Tina E. Sinnen
Phone: (757) 385-4181
Phone: (757) 385-4182 - Assumed Business Names
Phone: (757) 385-4186, (757) 385-4188 - Civil Division
Phone: (757) 385-4187 - Criminal Division
Phone: (757) 385-4819- Financing Statements/UCC
Phone: (757) 385-8822, (757) 385-4182 - Hunting & Fishing Lic
Phone: (757) 385-4819 - Judgment Records
Phone: (757) 385-8821 - Land Records
Phone: (757) 385-8827 - Marriage License Recorded Info Line
Phone: (757) 385-8822, (757) 385-8926 - Marriage License Div
Phone: (757) 385-4819- Military Discharge (DD-214)
Phone: (757) 385-8831 - Probate/Wills Division
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
2425 Nimmo Parkway
Building 10, 3rd Floor
Virginia Beach, VA 23456-9017
- Hon. William R. O'Brien, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Glenn R. Croshaw, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Steven C. Frucci, Presiding Judge
- Hon. W. Revell Lewis III, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Leslie L. Lilley, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Stephen C. Mahan, Presiding Judge
- Hon. H. Thomas Padrick Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. A. Bonwill Shockley, Presiding Judge
- Hon. James Clayton Lewis
Terms of Court and General Information
- Court convenes: 9:30 a.m.
- Arraignments: Mon. - Fri., 9:30 a.m.
- Term Begins: 1st Mon. of each month. If Term Day is a holiday, then it will be the next day.
- Grand Juries: 1st & 3rd Mon., each month. If it is a holiday, then it will be the next day.
- Criminal Term Day: Cases set with Commonwealth Attorney with defense counsel.
- Civil Term Day: Cases are set through docket call or by agreement outside of docket all. Trial date for civil appeal cases from the J&DR District Court set by Clerk's Office. Divorce cases heard by Commissioners and Court.
- Divorce and civil case procedure manuals available online.
- Motions Day: Fri., 9:30 a.m. Daily duty judge docket.
- Commissioners in chancery are utilized for certain matters.
- Additional information can be found online at www.vbgov.com/courts.
- In the Virginia Beach Circuit Court Clerk's Office, copy fees are $0.50 per sheet of paper and $2.00 per certification of order. A self addressed stamped envelope is required for return of requested document. One complimentary certified copy of a final divorce decree is provided to the complainant or their counsel.