Winchester Circuit Court
26th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Terry H. Whittle
Phone: (540) 667-5770
Fax: (540) 667-6638
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Judicial Center
5 North Kent Street
Winchester, VA 22601
- Hon. John E. Wetsel Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. Thomas J. Wilson IV, Chief Judge
- Hon. Clifford Lynwood Athey Jr.
- Hon. Dennis Lee Hupp
- Hon. James V. Lane
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, the 3rd Tuesday, Jan., Apr., July & Oct.
- Civil Motions are set by the Court.
- Civil motions day is usually the 3rd Thursday of each month beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Misdemeanor appeals days, 4th Tues., each month or as set by the Court.
- Grand Jury meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Praecipe must be filed not less than 7 days preceding Motion Day.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Local Rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Please check our website for court calendar and updates or changes to the calendar.
- Website: www.winfredclerk.com