York County Poquoson Circuit Court
9th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Lynn S. Mendibur
Phone: (757) 890-3350
Fax: (757) 890-3364
Clerk's Office Hours
8:15 AM - 4:30 PM
P. O. Box 371
300 Ballard Street
Yorktown, VA 23690-0371
Recordation cutoff time is 3:45 p.m.
- Hon. Richard Y. AtLee Jr., Chief Judge
- Hon. Thomas B. Hoover
- Hon. R. Bruce Long
- Hon. Michael E. McGinty
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 3rd Tuesday, Jan., March, July, Sept., & Nov. Term day for May 2012 will be May 22, 2012 due to the Judicial Conference of Virginia.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Grand Juries will meet at 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal trials set on Term Day.
- Civil trials set by telephone conference with Judicial Assistant 757/890-3367 after praecipe is filed.
- Equitable distribution cases heard ore tenus.
- Criminal docket calls will be held at 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are not utilized.
- Should a term day fall on a legal holiday as set forth in Section 2.1-21, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, the term day will be on the following Tuesday.