Newport News-Criminal General District Court
7th Judicial District of Virginia
Ms Karen J. Routten
Phone: (757) 926-8811
Fax: (757) 926-7026
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
2500 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor
Newport News, VA 23607-4307
- Hon. Tyneka L. D. Flythe, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Matthew Woodrow Hoffman, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Michael S. Stein, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Christopher R. Papile, Chief Judge
Courtroom A Bond Hearings 8:30 a.m., Mon. - Fri. Video Arraignments City Trials Non-Commonwealth Trials (Midnight Officers) Misdemeanor Drug Arraignments Misdemeanor Drug Trials Commonwealth Arraignments (Non-Video) 9:00 a.m., Mon.-Fri. Commonwealth Trials Preliminary Hearings 10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m., Mon.-Fri. Non-Commonwealth Arriangments Non-Commonwealth Trials 1:00 p.m., Mon.-Thu. City Attorney Trials 1:00 p.m., 4th Wed. of each month
Continuance granted first time for good reason.
Newport News General District Court has three divisions:
- Traffic Division (follow this link to view information about the Newport_News Traffic Division.
- Civil Division (follow this link to view information about the Newport_News Civil Division.
- Criminal Division (shown on this web page)