CaseDONALD M. DEVINE, JR. v. CHARLES Z. BUKI AND KIMBERLY A. MARSHO
(Record Number 140301)
FromThe Circuit Court of Northumberland County; H. Taliaferro, III, Judge.
CounselJon F. Mains (Jon F. Mains & Associates, L.L.C.) for apellant.
A. Davis Bugg, Jr. and Albert D. Bugg, III (Rumsey & Bugg, P.C.) for appellees.
Assignments of Error
- The lower court lacked the jurisdiction to enter a decree against Mr. Devine.
- The trial court erred when it awarded rescission because Appellees' allegations and evidence did not as a matter of law establish the fraud necessary for such an award.
- The trial court erred when it awarded Appellees consequential damages and attorneys fees.
- The trial court erred when it awarded pre-judgment interest on the sales price that it ordered refunded to Appellees.
Assignments of Cross-Error
- The trial court erred in ruling that the VCPA does not apply and in vacating the doubling of damages.
- Having ruled that the VCPA does not apply, the trial court erred in not awarding punitive damages for Devine's willful fraud.